Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Making Up is Hard to Do!

howdy folks!
thought i'd give you a country greeting this morning..haha...

i've already been to aussie post this morning
to send an rak parcel
to a mystery person...unknown to you
and known only as a name and address to me!!
fun!

&
'cos i had to take mr p to work at 8 am
and we only got up at 7.30 am
i had to take my makeup with me this morning
so i could go to the post office!

so there i was waiting in a car space
in the car for the post office to open
surreptitiously putting on my makeup
pretending i was looking in my handbag..haha
when anybody went past.

o the joys of aging skin!!
when i was young like you lot
i didn't wear makeup either
now i have to fill in the little wrinkles a bit
and camouflage the blemishes.

anyway
here is the little handmade something i put into the rak package
of course it's a baby cushion...
{not for a baby..just a small one..35cm x 35cm}



after all i haven't made one for a week or so... lol!






&
because i was in so much of a hurry
having to get dressed and take photos
feed the clamouring hungry puppies..well dogs really...
and get mr p to work
all within half an hour
i forgot to take a pic of the back..
but i'm sure you can imagine it,
buttoned with blue buttons and the same fabric as the front.

see if you can't whip something crafty up this wednesday...
just for the fun of it!

naturally Carol xox

14 comments:

  1. A big country Howdy right back at you. I understand about filling in the cracks and covering the blemishes gotta do that too. Of course, the cushion is absolutely gorgeous! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft and soothing fabric--so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion is gorgeous! Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pillow! And I have to tell you, your make-up stories have me laughing. I haven't had this happen in a while but this morning I left the house with all my makeup on except the mascara. One of your commenters yesterday must have jinxed me. Luckily I had some in my purse but as luck would have it I couldn't catch a red light to save my life!! Had to wait for the parking lot at work! Oh dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol you make me Laugh...I wouldn't think you would have to worry about Makeup at your Local PO..it's only a small town...
    Your Cushion is Lovely ...cute how you are putting your signature touches to them...
    Mine are on their way to you Today...
    Hope they are OK...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there!
    Lovely cushion, that fabric is sublime ~ I laughed at your words, putting on your makeup surreptitiously in the car..done that myself I can tell you! Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments, its always a pleasure for me to see that you have stopped by.

    Have a lovely week, sending love
    Julia x x x

    ps - I did the same thing with the colour mixing, never did like brown myself either :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabric!! Sure your swap partner will love it!

    That made me laugh!! My post office will have to take me just the way I am - I'm far too allergic to all sorts of stuff to wear any make-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cushion, Carol! The fabric is really pretty. Love the image of you trying to hide putting makeup on in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cushion. Great blog. Do visit my blog too and leave your footprints by posting comments. Cheers!

    http://parentingworkshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I imagined you in your car, and I do the same "pretending" to look in my bag when I'm actually retouching :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carol...How you make me smile! I guess a girl has to do what a girl has to do. Lovely cushion by the way. You've done it again. When we get to heaven do you think God might let sew together? Take care and by all means have a wonderful day.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent, I can just picture you deep in your handbag looking for .. nothing!! Love that cushion.

    X

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!