Sunday, December 23, 2012

About Christmas...

a big fat christmas hug to you all!
i've been waiting to find an excuse for a bit of nigella lighting...
and christmas is that opportunity!
{i've been admiring her lit up pantry shelves for months.}
i love having the excuse to buy gifts...
to eat the sweet delights i've fasted from over the last three months...
to have my mr w home for two weeks
as much of the family around as is possible these days.
as has already been said 'presence is much more important than presents'.
but there is a Presence
that puts purpose and perspective into the celebration of christmas
for me.

but have


...this says it all for me.

wishing you and your family

a thoroughly blessed and abundant


with heaps of fun, friendship and family


a peaceful, prosperous and joy filled

year to come!

xx  xx

i'll be back in the new year,
but will probably visit you between now and then
if you're around.

naturally Carol xox



  1. Ooh, lit up pantry shelves sound pretty! A beautiful Christmas to you Carol xox

  2. Your shelves look so pretty Carol.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas Carol.

  3. Merry Christmas Carol, God Bless x

  4. Beautiful ...have a blessed Merry Christmas and precious time with family. xxx

  5. Just lovely Carol, I have loved reading your Christmas posts, they share the true beauty of the season. Such a feel good space to visit, thank you & Happy Christmas to you and yours xoxo

  6. I love your coffee mugs, so lovely but I really love your quilt!! I will give this a go next year for us. :) Merry Christmas!!

  7. Lovely Christmas quilt, Carol! You are so good at capturing the season in your words as well as your sewing too.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas!
    Helen x

  8. Enjoy Chrissy with your family and your quilt is beautiful..xx

  9. A lovely post Carol! Have a wonderful Christmas!

  10. Wishing you a happy Christmas, filled with love & blessings!

  11. Merry Christmas to you too xxx

  12. I tried very hard to send a comment yesterday. He in hospital I seem to only get a wifi slot in the early morning. This is my 4th attempt hen I'll just have to leave it. I love the mugs and the way you've lit them. I haven't seen that done before and it really looks good. Might give it a go myself sometime! I also love the Christmas embroidery. I do hope that Christmas is a wonderful time o love and joy for you! Joan

  13. Just Beautiful!

    Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

  14. I am ridiculously late with my Christmas good wishes, and sorry to have missed such a colourful Christmas post.

    Have a wonderful New Year Carol and may 2013 bring you and yours all that you wish for x

  15. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, Carol! Look forward to reading more great posts from you in 2013.

    Happy New Year! x

  16. I do love all of the pretty lights on at night at Christmas I have to say that I'm missing them a little. I hope you enjoyed having Mr W at home with you over the Christmas break.x


i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!