Monday, December 13, 2010

Jingle Bells and Skating Elves!

o what a lovely morning!
the spirit of Christmas is sneaking
into some of the most hardened of hearts ...

there are whispered conversations
where treats and surprises are planned!
the small and the curious are trying to peek
and asking too many questions is banned!

i've been busy already today
up at the crack of dawn,
taking my brother to the train station
and reminding him to take my presents
to family on the other side of the ditch...
to the land of the long white cloud!

i called in at macca's for coffee
and got sewing as soon as could be!

i thought i'd finish off my Christmas cushion...


a charm square front
'12 days of Christmas' by kate spain...
just all the aqua ones!

...adding jingle bells to Christmas elves!

...some georgeous rich red rosey fabric
given to me from miss b
for the back.


and this sweet cushion
will make some little corner of my house
sing 'fa la la la' and 'jingle bells'
on what would have been 'silent night' s!!!

i hope you've had a tiny bit of time to spare
to finish off  little bits of Christmassy fun
 here and there...

naturally Carol xox


14 comments:

  1. I love it! The christmas fabric is gorgeous and the bells are a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carol, this is so sweet! I love the ice skater fabric! Love the aqua combination and the texture of the red fabric on the back.

    By the way... received your package. Hope you got my email. Thank you, thank you, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! I just love the fun and classy fabric together! The jingle bells are a delightful touch. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! I absolutely love your cushion and the fabulous aqua fabrics and the little jingle bells - such a sweet idea!
    Have a lovely day! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really lovely pillow Carol!! love the little bells!
    hope you are having a lovely week!!
    hugs from laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cushion! We named the baby Carlina Belladonna. The birth was TOO easy! One hour of labor and 3 pushes and she was here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness indeed.I love the jingle bells too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know Carol, I haven't tried quilting/patchwork before, but when I see stuff like this I'm tempted! Maybe with some of my repurposed stuff. God bless you and keep the inspiration coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just love this - so clever and bright! the bells just finish it off nicely - my family would adore it as yours will I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! I love that aqua colorway, it's just beautiful! Happy Fabric Tuesday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this fabric! Aqua is my favorite color so I'm in love with this pillow! And the bells...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Carol! Your Christmas cushion is so beautiful! You find wonderful fabrics and great idea to put those small bells!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I love the fabric and love the bells!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the darling fabric. Great pillow! Thanks for linking to quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!