Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Me Stylish?...LOL!

i was just about to write a new post on
the mating behaviour of native doves...
{i'm not kidding you all!!}
and decided to read a little comment by 'cate'
about my apron...posted yesterday and
she has nominated me for a



thank you cate of 'keep cate busy'...from the bottom of my heart.

cate pops in and leaves a comment on a fairly regular basis,
and i am always encouraged by her remarks!
she is courageous ~ driving back from adelaide with littlies in the pouring rain!
~ dealing with health crisis while on holiday!
~ and crafting and blogging while she has a young family!

pop in and say 'hello' to cate here!

ha..ha! it was easier to write 3 things about cate than 7 things about me!!
ho hum...what can i say?...here goes...

  1. i am a new zealander that has adopted oz and have lived here for 33 years, married here, had all my children here...all 5 of them!
  2. my mum is an aussie and my dad is a nzer...she did the same...met dad and went to live in nz from oz.
  3. most of my life i was a stay at home mum...then trained in office work in my forties and did two and a half years paid work and am now back home...sorry to burst the bubble of all those who thought i was a professional at anything.
  4. i have always loved dogs...but although i have had a couple of cats they really end up belonging to my kids more than me.
  5. i love singing and music and have done some worship leading at church...not where i live at the moment...i've been a Christian since fourteen years old...i've seen many miracles in my life!
  6. i never thought i'd ever be writing anything...'cos i always thought my sister and my daughter were good at that.
  7. i am quite a serious thinking type person but also love a good laugh and love the simple things in life...i don't like to be overloaded with busy-ness...at heart i'm a quiet soul.
and one for the road...
8. my favourite thing is to have a coffee and a good chat!!

now to pass this on to 15 new {and newish} bloggers
please feel free to go to any of these links and say 'hi' and encourage them in their journey, they are all worthy of their awards!

there are 4 duties to perform to accept the award
one....thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
two...share 7 things about yourself
three...pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers
four...contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

now...i just have to tell these girls...
thanks cate once again!

naturally Carol xox

ps...a very merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those friends who are starting their break now...
and may love, laughter and lots of great surprises be yours!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Carol, thank you so much! I'm so happy if you enjoy my blog and think it's even stylish! I always love to visit you and see your wonderful crafts, like the apron with the rain and ubrellas!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Carol the stylish blogger!! Seriously, was it as hard for you to come up with 15 bloggers as it was for me?? I mean gee, there's only like 50,000 to cut it down from :-)
    And well done on your list about you - you even managed an extra one (makes me feel a little less OCD!!)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol. I'm riding on the high of a blogger award. My first one. Thanks so much. See my post. It's up (and giving you and Cate the credits). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to send this along to other bloggers, too! (Now I'm sad that I'll be away from my computer today. =( I'll just have more time to think about who to post!)

    Thanks again! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the blogger award and THANKS for listing me among your 15 to pass it on to! It may take me a little bit to get my post up -- kind of busy today!
    I'm really enjoying your blog - and appreciate all your nice comments on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Carol - a well-deserved award. :-) Going to check out your list of bloggers - just as soon as I get through Cate's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Carol..You've made my day..Your blog is definetly deserving..Will pass it on in the new year..love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Carol! Your blog really is inspirational and styly. Your personality really shines through, and your love of colour and design. We live so far from each other so blogging is a wonderful way to keep in touch. We love reading about what you are up to. Thanks for listing us as one of your 15 new bloggers.
    Love the VM girls xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award, Carol! You deserve it! Loved learning more about you. Can't wait to check out some of these links!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol .... Than You for giving Teje the Stylish Award ..... she has now awarded Me! I am amazed but very pleased :0) Thank you too for stopping by my blog and for your comment, if you pop back again sometime in the next week you will see my preview of my first year Birthday Giveaway ..... and it doesn't matter where you live, so I hope you take a peek next week. Happy New Year!
    Val xx Oxfordshire UK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Carol for the award. I will now have to get to work and narrow my massive list of most loved bloggers out there...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Carol-

    I am just now catching up from my vacation and wanted to pop over and say thank you so much!

    I will be blogging about this next week and will link to your blog :).

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!