Thursday, December 2, 2010

Unfinished Creative Business...

good morning
i have some unfinished business
i'd like to share with you!

when i started
this was going to be
another cushion.

like this...
'well, what's wrong with that?'
i hear you say.

i was thinking...
why hide all that delicious fabric
behind someones back?
i wanted to look at it...
a lot!

so i added some more charm squares
to this one
all its Christmassy goodness
got me thinking again...

red felt hearts,
silver and gold thread,


words,
birds,
golden seeds to count the days...

i finished two more hearts this morning,
nine more to go!

i wanted to express
the heart and soul of Christmas
for me.

this is my unfinished business...

i'm figuring it out as i go!

the heavens have opened,
dance between the raindrops and
with me!

naturally Carol xox

ps...if you want to see beautiful snowy photos from the u.k. check out 'curlew country's... simple december pleasures... on the right...

15 comments:

  1. looks intriguing! there's nothing like a good dose of christmas spirit now, is there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a thoroughly creative idea. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh you are a clever cookie, Carol!

    so pretty

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you are doing with the hearts...so much for your cushion hey!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is GORGEOUS! very inspiring.thanks for stopping by my blog I have 3 children all 5 and under.I have just gotten into sewing i find it relaxing but mainly sew when everyone is asleep or when i get a spare chance.I would love to complete a quilt one day even a cushion would be great.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Carol! Your patchwork is wonderful! So lovely those details you are making! Also I love your cingerbread houses!
    Thank you for your visit and lovely comment!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's superb, Carol. Absolutely wonderful. And it has a real 'summer' flavour to it which is perfect for the Aussie Christmas. I really love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful evolution of a concept! I love the words you've chosen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol,

    I just love the scripture you are using on your patchwork!!! It says it all! Can't wait to see it when you finish.

    A stack and whack is a project made with eight repeats of fabric all stacked up and pinned ever so precisley. Then cut into triangles and sewn together. A very fun project. I will try and remember to get the name of the book and who wrote it sent to you.

    Thank you for all your wonderful comments. They
    put a smile on my face and in my heart!

    Have a terrific day!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so pretty, all the greens and reds and lovely pastel blue go so beautifully together. I am a very novice sewer, an expedition to Spotlight last week kitted me out with cutting mat, pizza-fabric-cutter, scissors and fabric for first project (cloth nappy & wipes pouch for pregnant friend). Now if only the baby would sleep so I actually have some time to do it I would be all sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carol, you've very clever. I love your colour combinations. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!