Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Hearts!

good afternoon!

yesterday mr m purchased a length of dowel
about a metre long...
he chopped it in half and drilled a hole in both ends.
i was very pleased and grateful!

a couple of weeks ago now
i posted an unfinished project...
today it is finished
and hung on the wall.


to me the words on it are the essence of Christmas...



the reason and the spirit
of the Christmas season...



sorry the close ups are a little crooked

the edges are left raw
with the top fabric layer cut with pinking shears,
the second layer is polar fleece in snowy white,
the third and backing layer is red felt
which i extended to sccure and hide the dowel.

the hanging thread is a doubled length of gold thread.



the tiny french-knotted golden seeds
are my take of the advent calendar.
there are 24 'seeds' in the top left corner
and one less every square from left to right,
only one in the last square...


my handcrafted corner
for this Christmas...
take one packet of charm squares!...

hoping your journey through the days
to Christmas will be increasingly joyful...

naturally Carol xox

'for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son
that whoever believes in Him shall not die
but have eternal life'...
 
{from the bible...chapter 3...verse 16}

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Carol, this is incredible! I don't even know where to begin... The fabrics are gorgeous. Those little birds are adorable. The idea of taking away one bead from each square is genius. The embroidery is amazing. I love it! It's absolutely beautiful. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is one fantastic wallhanging / quilt!
    I absolutely love it and it looks great in your handmade corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Xmas Hearts look Gorgeous up on the wall..I Love your Glass Doors..Yum!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. I love all the details you have included in this quilted wall hanging and it has turned out so beautifully. It must make you smile every time you enter the room.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Carol that is gorgeous! I just love all of the little embroidered messages :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and saying hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just beautiful. I can't imagine how long it took to make, but it was worth it to have something that you can treasure year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really wonderful! You can see all of the love and care that went into making it! Theresa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that!!! That's really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and unique countdown to Christmas wall hanging! Love all the details:
    The diminishing seeds
    The verse that IS the reason for the season
    The bright cheery colors
    The beautifully done embroidery
    Very pretty!!
    BTW - thanks for your sweet comment -- I can see I need to come back here when I have more time and look around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful Carol The wallhanging and the cushion.
    Love the little bells around!
    Blessed days,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carol, that is absolutely beautiful and what a great idea! Cheers, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on advent by decreasing a french-knot in every square, beautiful and meaningful.
    You should come link this up to my Sew Fabulous Friday link party. I think it would make a great addition.
    AGirlinParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Carol, this quilt is beautiful and so lovely colours, I love all the words and knots for every day!!! I think also that it has found the perfect place on that wall - there is 'boards' for it
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet! I love it! Fabulous job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, Carol! I found your blog through Gwenny Penny and have enjoyed perusing your posts this morning with my cereal and coffee! I think I may use this as an inspiration for a future stamped card!
    Blessings,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!