Saturday, January 12, 2013

Appreciated...

 
hi!

thank you jill!

&

thank you catherine!
 
 

 
after blogger refusing me the option
of accessing photos on my computer
{uploaded from my camera}
i was completely frustrated and had no idea what to do about it.
 
i was wondering whether i had uploaded too many photos
but that wasn't the case
as my sister jill had way under the limit
and had the same problem.
 
i told jill about the hint catherine had left me after the last post.
she said to use html.
 
jill had a fiddle with blogger while i went and ate some dinner.
she phoned me to say...
go into html..
...you can only upload pics this way
if you have some script on the new post already...
then take the option there to upload photos
and it will offer what 'compose', 'insert image' 'browse'
used to offer.
 
when you've finished uploading the image,
it seems you can go back to compose
and write the rest of the post without a problem.
 
 
 
so now
you get to see the lovely and unusual hibiscus flowers
that are nodding at me
from outside my bedroom window!
 
 
 
it seems that although only 'small', 'medium' or 'large'
size images are offered on html
that when you revert to 'compose'
you can click on the image again and normally change the image size again
if preferred.
 
i don't know why blogger is acting like this
and removing options...
but obviously jill and catherine are smarter!
 
yay!
have a great day!
 
naturally Carol xox
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I've heard so many stories of blogger doing annoying things with photos lately. I wonder what's going on.
    I'm glad you got these issues sorted out so we could admire your gorgeous hibiscus pics.
    Hope you have a happy week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty and quite different to the usual hibiscus flowers I see. What a lovely site to see outside your bedroom each day. I'm so glad that you can get some photos up on your blog now, hopefully blogger fixes the problem soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers!! Glad you overcame the photo issue .. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Carol! I love when those annoying little obstacles can be tackled without too much disruption, clever ladies. Those hibiscus flowers are stunning, they really are an amazing bloom. So lovely to be back visiting you again xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your troubles with uploading pictures are over. Your pictures are so wonderfull; as are these of the gorgeous hibiscus. Do you make tea of them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your photo problem is sorted :-) Your pictures are beautiful, I love hibiscus!

    Happy Sunday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, flowers. Such a wonderful sight for those of us in the northern hemisphere. I've heard about your heat wave. How hot has it been where you are exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would be most delighted to wake up to such a sight every morning.
    Glad you got your blogger issues sorted Carol.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol,
    Thanks so much for saying that you have had blogger problems too!
    After my little break away I thought the problem was just me!
    I ended up using my old Picasa that I have not used since picnik
    editing closed down. Since I have been using Picmonkey and enjoying
    editing once again! Yes, blogs are not much fun without pics!
    So now I am up and running for the new year.
    Hope you enjoy every minute of it!
    xo Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got sorted in the end, I never know what to do when Mr Blogger has one of his turns!
    How's the hat making coming along?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got your problems sorted Carol. I always use HTML anyway so hadn't realised that things worked any differently in compose.

    Such beautiful flowers, blasts of summer colour from another land!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous bright flowers today, Carol! So glad you got your blogger problems sorted :)
    Wishing you a happy week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have had trouble with Blogger, this year only, uploading photographs from my laptop using Internet Explorer. My son suggested I use Chrome and am now doing that and successfully getting photographs into my blog. I don't understand it, but am just grateful that there is a way of getting around it. Love the red flowers! Sandra http://livingin22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loading pics through mozilla, lovely feathery flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you, Carol. I have a friend who will appreciate the advice - thanks for setting it out so clearly. J x

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!