Sunday, November 14, 2010

Being Grounded...


we planted this tree
in the middle of our back yard.
we don't know what it's called
but what ever people call it
it is what it is.


being what it is,
comes naturally.
it will never bear any other flowers but these flowers,
or ever wear any but these shaped leaves!


"esse quam videre"
{an old family motto}
is latin for
"be who you seem to be".
that is why
i'm "naturally Carol".
 that's who i am when i am being me from my heart.

being grounded for me is
living my core beliefs
out little by little every single day of my life...

for me...

'that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith:
that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may be able to comprehend with all the saints
what is the width and length and depth and height -
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
that you may be filled with all the fulness of God.'

ephesians 3:17-19

what or who inspires you to be who you are?

naturally Carol  xox

i'm linkin up today with 'gifts of serendipity'...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    Lovely to have you linked in.

    How amazing to have a family motto in Latin!
    Your message is a powerful one and will stick with me as we are surrounded by the beauty of nature on our property & you're right none of the plants ever wonder who they are....they are totally grounded.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Today you encouraged me to be who I seem to be. Lovely verse, lovely tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic motto - i love it. I wonder what my family motto would be??? Perhaps I'll start one.

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!