Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beach Dreamin'...


good morning to you...
i'm linking up with quiltstory today!

and


i am seriously goin' to have to go beach trippin'!



since
nancy @ a gardner's cottage sent me these georgeous aqua fabrics...
i've been beach dreamin'
or
walking in my imagination through cool rainforests
or
day dreaming under trees of falling leaves!



the fabric used in these is quite fine
so "starfish" is lined with cream cotton

and "waves" has a layer of fleece and then a backing of cotton
then has wavey stitching to hold the layers together...


random waves



if you look closely you will see
a large machine stitched starfish on the front of "starfish"...



buttons on the back...

these two will be joining the others
and given to flood affected people here in queensland...

currently made & collected...

43 hand made cushions
hip hip hooray!

thank you everyone!!

now kara just wants to say hello...


so..a big 'hi' from kara...

enjoy a terrrific tuesday,
i'm just going to make sense of a few more statistics..
i should finish collating one of the surveys today...
one more to go!

naturally Carol xox

7 comments:

  1. Morning, Carol! More beautiful cushions. I LOVE the stitched starfish... what a clever touch. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cushions are just gorgeous - love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics, and I love the stitching you added! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly believe how many pillows you have made out of that fabric! A job well done my friend. That Kara is a cutie. Have a great day!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carol! Your Kara is so qute, give her a big hug from me!
    I love always blue and turqoise and your new pillows are really beautiful!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cushion Drive Queen! I love these ones lots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love the ocean and your pillows are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!