Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Brother's Birthday!

good morning...

i've already rung my brother this morning
and sung 'happy birthday' over the phone to him...
that's getting to be a bit of a tradition among
me, my brother and my sister!

as you know
i was going to make him a cushion...

well i did...


and he liked it!

made in the typically 'naturally carol' way...

 
i found some little matching 'vintage' buttons in my button tin....


he has attended many 'landmark' courses
and could see the meaning of my embroidered 'if' tag...

just to remind him of all the available 'possibilities'
of this life
when 'if' catches his eye...
he can rest his head on his soft squishy cushion..
close his eyes...
and dream of impossibilities..becoming possibilities in his life!

the brown adds a little earthiness to the buttoned back.

if you're celebrating a 'march' birthday...
you are joining a long list of friends & family members...
including mr m on the 3rd
mrs i..my friend..on the 5th
miss b on the 11th
and my mum on the 22nd

and of course mr b today...

h a p p y    b i r t h d a y !
wishing you a year as bright as a rainbow!!

naturally Carol xox


10 comments:

  1. That turned out really great! ...it has just the right amount of "masculine." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this cushions, Carol. That fabric is some of the cutest I've ever seen. The little button patch is such a great addition with the car on it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and personal birthday gift! Sending a happy birthday wish to your brother. Enjoy your day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like this one. Cushions are like having a teddybear, they are a comfort and something to hug. Good Sister!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carol,

    oh sooo wonderful and sweet...
    Your brother is a really happy person!!!
    Send you many Greetings and "Happy Birthday" greetings to your brother!

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect cushion for a brother - very nice! I especially like the 'if' tag - it's always good to be reminded of life's possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cushion - I'm glad your brother was so pleased with it, and not surprised. The design works really well, just right!
    Have a great week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this fabric before and LOVE it!!
    My sister is March 7
    My mom is March 11
    I am March 26.
    We are a March family, too!!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!