Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Early Bird!

good morning!

this morning
i'm grateful that
'kara' woke me up with her barking...

{people were parking in her street}

so i had to get up early
&
they are having their spring fair
at the church across the road...

so i had to get dressed and go
to the fair
early...
and as they say
'the early bird catches the worm'!

well today
i was that early bird....

here are my worms..hehe!



4 x 'johnson of australia' pale green luncheon plates @ 50c ea
{they only wanted $1 for the 4, but that was too cheap}

2 x lemons @ 20c ea
1 x brand new, in the packet still, ham bag @ 50c
4 x butterfly cakes for morning tea  @ $1.50
1 x sausage from the sausage sizzle (brekky) @ $2.00
{eaten already!}

then i remembered that lincraft has a 30% off sale for three days
beginning today.
well this early bird scored again...


more worms...

2 reels of thread 250m..a good brand
2 blades for my rotary cutter
1 new rotary cutting board

&
paid the princely sum of $22.00
for the lot
{30% off + a $10 discount voucher i had waiting for such an occasion!}

and i was home before 10.00 am

hows that?


hoping you find great bargains yourself this weekend...
&
check out 'maxabella's' place for more grateful ppls!


naturally Carol xox




16 comments:

  1. It definitely pays to be the early bird Carol...nice buys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Carol - nifty shopping indeedy.

    I was a very early bird this morning too - awake at 4:45 [literally with the birds] getting up and at 'em for the Noosa triathlon.

    All over now and our little champ is very happy with himself.

    xx's for a great rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to get out early and grab some finds like that- with a baby I'm lucky to be dressed by 10 most days!! Hope you had a nice rest of your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo!!! Love the bargains! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. You ARE an early bird. Now you have the rest of the day to use/christen all those lovely purchases. I hope you enjoy a nice hot cuppa with that lovely angel cake!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just crawled (protesting) out of bed and now I think I may go back and curl up under the duvet instead of walking the dog. You've tired me out, Carol!! Doesn't help that it's still dark at 07:30 here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The early bird certainly did find some great worms. This early bird is hoping to get my housework done early so that I can play in my craft room all day! Hope I'm determined and lucky as you. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm some lovely worms you got there!

    You just reminded me that there was a fete here this morning at a local church, dammit forgot again...too distracted by aeroplanes lol!

    Have a great day Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely early morning you have had....if only every weekend bought such surprises and goodies. Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You WERE an early bird...and it was so worthwhile, Carol! What wonderful things you found! Have a lovely weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some worms! What a great catch Carol bird ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh well done! I can't believe you got a rotary cutting board for that price (with the thread and blades too)! Bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a very successful day & those cupcakes look delicious!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm never the early bird (or at least, this bird prefers snuggling up to her pillow!) but it always pays o be, doesn't it?

    I think I remember you mentioning the church fair across the road last year? I might be wrong, but the thought has suddenly made me aware of how we bloggers know the rhythm of each others' lives so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds fabulous! Enjoy the lovely week ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!