Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Have You Seen?

 
good evening!
 
i usually don't write a post this late
as already my eyes are prickling and ready for sleep...
if there are a few zzzzzz's flowing from the script
just tuck me into bed for the night!
 
 
do you ever press the 'next blog' link at the top of your blog?
i do occasionally
&
mostly they lead to dead ends with subject matter that is not really up my alley
but the other day
i found a whole string of people who make miniature things like doll's houses.
 
these pics were absolutely wonderful
and captured my imagination...
 
 
 
it is a miniature house built into a guitar case...how special is it?
 
 
 
 
check out the amazing furniture and fittings...the lights, the bath and shower!
 
 
 
from a little person's perspective.
 
as far as i could tell the artist was paris reefroe
and can be found at http://www.prdminiatures.com
 
isn't his work amazing?
 
when i was a child i desperately wanted a doll's house...
i never had one
but from time to time would make bits of tiny furniture,
beds and chairs out of matchboxes mostly.
 
did you own a doll's house when you were young?
do you have one now?
 
have a wonderful day tomorrow
&
sleep well tonight....good night all...
 
naturally Carol xox
 
 


11 comments:

  1. I love it! I had a doll's house, made by my mum out of a paper box. I used to play for hours and I treasured it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing...I have my mum's dolls house that sits in My daughter room...it has a lot of little homemade furniture in it which adds to the charm of it being a 50's dolls house. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I admit to never having noticed that 'Next Blog' button!?! I've just clicked on it!

    I had a doll's house but it was a very simple affair, nothing like the one you found ... that's almost too good to play with! My niece now gets loads of fun from our old doll's house and she makes things to go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol:
    We have never noticed let alone pressed the 'next blog' button but what a perfect Wonderland you have found by doing just that. The miniature dolls' house is absolutely stunning and the attention to detail is remarkable.

    We do have a dolls' house and have featured it on our blog some time ago now. It was built around 1910 and was made by the Lines Brothers company which later became known as TRIANG, the largest toy manufacturers in the world.A friend of ours is the grandson of one of the the original Lines Brothers and hence our dolls' house is particularly special to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a fabulous dolls house! Utterly amazing! Aren't some people clever. Like you, I never had one as a child and wanted one, and rememeber making one out of a shoe box when I was off with the chicken pox for a week once at primary school. Hours and hours of fun and concerntration making my own. And I think it was more about the making than the playing with it once it was made. love jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. When i was a child, I used to make my own dolls' houses out of fruit boxes and 'bits and pieces' and had lots of fun with these makeshift ones. Years later, friend gave me a dolls' house that she had found in a secondhand shop; her daughter had played with it and then my two. Think we passed it on to a church garage sale then...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the well wishes concerning "Sandy". We were incredibly lucky and had quite a time but made out just fine.....so many didn't ....I feel so for all the people who lost homes...lots of cleanup!! This was really the worst ever......
    Again ...so nice of you to leave a lovely message!! The very best of blog land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! This is absolutely amazing; all those little but perfect details. But I don't think this would be a dolls house to play with. As a child I never had one either, but I can't remember wanting one. But about 10 years ago, we borrowed the dolls house of the Kindergarten my boys were going to. A whole summer we played with it. And it was great to see two boys, using Lego and Playmobil, to play with a dolls house. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing. It would ally spark a child's imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, this is super neat! I love miniature anything, so I squealed with delight as I scrolled through the images. Thanks for passing it along and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is amazing! What a great idea. I had my mothers dolls house to play with as a child, it was hand made by my Grandfatther and very rustic and basic and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!