Monday, February 7, 2011

A Long Leisurely Lunch!

hi guys!

today has been a lovely monday...
had a long leisurely three hour lunch with a friend at gunabel homestead...
circa 1907.

i took a few pics
so you could soak up the atmosphere
of this beautiful old queenslander too...



the view from the carpark...
cafe on the right.

a bottle tree...



regrowth on an old stump...

just a look at the horse next door
before going up to the cafe,

an old bench in the reception area



original stained and patterned glass and mirror...

here are a few views from the verandah
where we sat and ate our meal...


the path from the verandah steps down to the garden...



looking out to the right...
down to the edge of the golf course.

we had the homestead verandah almost to ourselves.
in a garden setting like this
stress disappears
and we relaxed and chatted
over a salmon caesar salad and two cappucinos!

when i arrived home
nancy's parcel had arrived...
{nancy @ a gardner's cottage}
she has sent six gorgeous pieces of fabric
to make cushions for flood affected people here in queensland.

tomorrow i will show you what she sent!
i'll have to take care cutting into this stash!!

thank you nancy...beautiful choices...so exciting!!!
i can't wait to show you all.

'til tomorrow...

naturally Carol xox


13 comments:

  1. Wow a beautiful spot to have a long lunch. Thank you for sharing. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Carol. Yay for enjoying long relaxing lunches with good friends. Love the trees - simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to lunch ,what a view ,what great alliteration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ENJOYED OUR SHARING AND YATTA... THAT PLACE TAKES YOU BACK TO YESTERYEAR WHEN LIFE STROLLED SLOWLY AND FRIENDS RELISHED TIME TOGETHER. THANKS FOR BEING A SWEET PERSON CAROL.
    YOU ARE FULL OF INSIGHT AND WISDOM. XXX
    PLUS, YOU TAKE GREAT PICS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in a beautiful part of the world, Carol!

    In response to your lovely comment on my blog yesterday, I am a qualified Teacher of English as a Second Language and I go into companies teaching employees the basics of the language plus, for more advanced students, how to use English effectively in business (emails, meetings, conference calls etc..). It's just a part-time job for me, but I love it.

    Before I trained to become a teacher I worked as a project manager for a major UK bank - I'm very good at organising people (or bossing them about as my husband would have it!!), but I had to reinvent myself when we moved abroad for the first time in 2005 and I'm so glad I did. Teaching is much more satisfying and much more 'me' than working in a high-powered corporate environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Carol,

    so beautiful Photos, thank you for sharing with us...i love the Bottletree Photo! WOW...I never have seen this tree before, great!
    I want to say "Thank you" for your lovely Comment on my Blog...it makes me very Happy.

    Enjoy your Week and i send you many Greetings,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I can see that the beautiful setting would make it so easy to relax and ease some stress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O Carol...What a BEAUTIFUL place!!! It is easy to see how one could simply sit back and let the stress melt away and then add in the company of a friend and you have a heart that is full. I love how God fills us up!

    So glad you got the fabric. I can't wait to see what amazing things you will do. You my friend are one talented woman! Take care

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol,
    I have been enjoying your posts for a few
    weeks now and I have to tell you I am
    enjoying everything. Simply beautiful.
    Your lovingly made cushions. But that
    horse has stolen my heart. What a sweetie!
    Your luncheon spot in QLD reminds me of
    some lovely spots in NT and Broome.
    Miss the tropics LOTS!
    Thanks for the happy snaps!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such a pretty spot! I love how you have shown us around thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Carol! What a wonderful place to spend time with a dear friend! I'm sure you had great time! the garden is amazing! I love always horses - did you see she has white eye lashes on the other eye?!
    Thank you for sharing these lovely photos!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these old Australian properties, they look so colonial with the verandah and carved wood. We live in a brick house but then I suppose we have a lot more cold to keep out than you do in Oz. I do love the seat, I've got just the spot for that here!!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!