Thursday, February 24, 2011

Delightfully Debbie!

good afternoon!

yesterday afternoon the postie came...
with a delightful package from my good friend debbie
from canberra!

i was being a bit cheeky at christmas...
when i sent my cards out,
i gave all my friends my blog address.

not hearing anything back
i just assumed my friends weren't interested
and had binned it.

well, it turned out that deb didn't..
and she made a georgeous cushion
for all our queensland friends affected by the floods.

i don't think she'll ever know how much this touched my heart...
thanks deb,
 you're the best!


doesn't it look striking 'on the black couch'...
those juicy red cherries, little cream flowers and emerald leaves
all edged with gold on a navy background.



this view of the front
shows the border sewn in around the cushion...
a lovely tailored looking finish.



a green buttoned up back...

those red flower buttons needed another photo...


aren't those buttons pretty....



times like these i wish i had one of those specialty lenses
that take close up pics beautifully..
but this will have to do!

to finish up i just had to show you the back detail
in the corner...


isn't it sweet?

well that was a surprise of the best kind...
it made my day yesterday
after all that bad news from nz
this warmed my heart!

friends have that kind of effect
don't they!

hoping you're enjoying your friends today...

naturally Carol xox

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. I love the cherry print. Those buttons are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Carol...
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, lovely cushion again! I'm happy you heard about your friend! I have same thoughts about my friends concerning my blog.
    Thank you for commenting the sea-backround. I would like to keep my blog clear and easy to read but also this sea fits quite well.
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. More wonderful cushions! Have you made your target number yet, Carol?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the red and green. I believe this is one of my favs. I hope your day is blessed and we are praying for NZ. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric! And those buttons set it off too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!