Thursday, February 10, 2011

Starfish Dancing On the Waves!

hi and good afternoon...
thank you so much for all your sweet birthday greetings yesterday...
they truly topped off my lovely day!

this morning i just had to use some of nancy's fabric.
{nancy from a gardner's cottage sent me six yards of georgeous
coordinated fabric to make cushions from.  these cushions will
go out to a country town in queensland to bring a little handmade comfort to families
who were affected by the january floods!}

i'm joining up with kootoyoo today too!

i was drawn to make up this sea monkey fabric first.
i call this cushion...
'starfish dancing on the waves'!

look closely...






and you will see two waves of silver grey hand stitching...
these are to represent the white foamy edge of the waves.

the buttoned up back...


these buttons reminded me of seaweed...lol...


'if'...the possibilities of the sea,

of dreams and sea dreams...

across oceans...and crossing oceans!

i've had a lovely morning dreaming and creating...

nancy...i hope you like it too!

dream and create... my friends...
and have a great day...

naturally Carol xox

if you would like to join me in making cushions...if you make cushion covers i'll provide the inserts...
please email me at naturallycarol@hotmail.com
i'd love to hear from you.

21 comments:

  1. WOW!!! So beautiful! You are so very talented, Carol! I just can't believe the beauty and detailing of your projects. Right down to the great buttons! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. I love the colours - so cool and relaxing :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics, beautiful cushion, beautiful words.

    Happy birthday for yesterday, Carol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you had a wonderful birthday, carol! blessings from the usa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carol...how your gorgeous cushions will be put to good use and loved by the recipients! I love that fabric...so sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! I hope you had a lovely celebration! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, it's really beautiful with those delicious sea colours! Stitching looks good, like waves! Have a lovely day! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulousness again Carol - excellent work :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just beautiful. Lovely work. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so lovely..you are doing a great thing. Thanks for stopping by my space too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such lovely fabric Carol.

    Hope you had a great birthday yesterday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely cushion cover. I love your choice of fabrics as well as the way you've embroidered the waves across the front.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful fabric! Your cushion is really gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! Carol...I love what you can do with two pieces of fabric. That pillow is adorable and so very fun. Thank you, for putting that together. If we ever have the chance to meet this side of heaven...I'd love a lesson! Take care my friend.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh...I can just smell the surf and sand and feel the hot sun on my face! So pretty and fresh!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is Darling!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday for Yesterday...Your Cushions are Lovely Your doing a Great Job..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! Belatedly, as I'm popping past to thank you for the comment on my blog - I love the antelope suggestion for 'a'!

    You have a lovely blog, so full of hope and beauty. :) I love that verse about wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how wonderful! The cushions are great but your generous heart and taking time to do this is even greater! Blessings! I cannot sew. I hope many are accomplished for this great need.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous effort Carol - you can just tell you stitched those with real heart. (and happy belated birthday!)...

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO beautiful! I love these hand stitching "swirls"!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!