Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Berrylicious Apron...

is flirty and fun,
cherries and berries
and lashings of red ric rac braid.


i have adapted an amy butler pattern,
hacked at it really!
halved the length,
made another shorter layer,
gathered instead of pleated,
lengthened the ties
and ditched the pocket...


i folded the top layer's sides under a bit
just so the underlayer shows itself a little,
and added my own little tag...'if'


i love to use the selvedges
to give my aprons their name
and add
a couple of old buttons
from my button tin...


such is the dangerous life of a photographer;
out on location in the back yard...
 two huge green ants
 crawled covertly up my trouser leg
and took a few free bites of my left leg!
my leg was on fire with pain for a few hours...
the sacrifices i have made for my readers!


i went to see that dratted optometrist today...
then he tells me that the blurriness down the side of the glasses
is the way they are meant to be
with multifocals.
{i don't know how people drive with them on...please
enlighten me if you can!}

we discussed all the options,
i am pleased to report,
without tears from me or ranting or raving....
{just!}

and
i have decided to change them to normal distance lenses
and to later get up close crafty reading glasses
when finances will allow.
{all decided in a very grown up way in order to
not throw good money after bad, so to speak}.


to finish on a happier note,
then
i went to my favourite cafe
and had a lovely fetta and spinach quiche,
a super fresh salad
and a muggacino...
and revived!

hoping you had a wonderful wednesday...

naturally Carol  xox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, I don't know how you found me, but I am so glad I have now found YOU! I love your site and that you love the Lord :0)
    I am inspired by your lovely aprons and cushions and now I am home again, I may just have to make myself a Carol apron!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Bless you, Val Oxfordshire UK

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!