Friday, October 29, 2010

Strawberries & Jam Drops...

thought i'd make chloe another summer dress.
miss b will be up this weekend,
so i will give her the rufflelicious skirt and
this pink strawberry dress for her friend chloe.



just a simple sleeveless shift,
perfect for hot summer days...


with bias bound edges,
a little pocket with strawberry buttons...


and a vintage pink button
to close up the back.


then i made jam drops
from my grandma's recipe
for afternoon tea...


i used plum jam for these,
though any kind is good.


yum!
here's the recipe...so you can cook them too...


cream the butter and sugar,
add eggs and beat,
add plain flour and baking powder, mix well.

roll into little balls,
press your finger or thumb into the ball to make a little hollow,
put 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the little hollow.

bake in the oven for 10 mins or until just golden,
on 180 degrees celsius or 375 degrees fahrenheit.

make a cup of tea or coffee
and serve with warm biscuits....

enjoy
the weekend.

naturally Carol xox



6 comments:

  1. So glad to have found your site! so much fun to see "naturally carol" on the other side of the world from me making summer dresses and jam drops!
    So happy to be following along!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Thanks for 'finding' me so I could find you too :) I'm a follower now and hope to take a little time to see your side of the planet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your encouragement, Ann and Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the strawberry buttons!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping back to let you know I'm featuring this as one of the Making It With Allie Features this week! Come on by and grab a button!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this dress! I am going to make a fall version of it for my little girl and use a button on the back. Super idea!
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!