Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Daisy (and the Curtain)...

i am so sew happy!

i love this new apron...
'happy daisy'...i love the name of it too!
fresh off the sewing machine..
come and have a look ~


loving the spots and the flowers together...


full view of the front...
loving this delicious shade of blue!


changed 'if' to 'y' for a change...
a bit of a nod to george negus (journalist)
who says ' people don't ask 'why' often enough'...

i agree!
asking...
why...has caused creativity and invention
why...curiosity leading to learning and education.


the back view of 'happy daisy'....

her 'name'...

spots, blue ric rac and flowers...

do you like her?

now i've a curtain to show you...
i did three lengths,
so they can be moved along the track,
as and when they are needed to soften light and subdue the heat
in the middle and late afternoon,
in the dining room...

it was hard to photograph...
'cos the curtain makes the room darker...
and has the light from the window at the back of it!


the header...
little machine sewn eyelets
and hanging on metal shower curtain rings
on a rustic pole that came with the house!


the hem...
shows the butterflies...
same fabric as the header.

my machine has been humming along quite happily...
and things are on the up and up!

hoping you are having a satisfying day too, this happy daisy thursday!
nothing like a few happy daisies to have this girl singing...

naturally Carol  xox

21 comments:

  1. Carol, your fabrics are always so lovely..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron is gorgeous! Love the blue. Love the "Y", too. The curtains are beautiful, too. That butterfly fabric is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the apron! The name is so fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,happy new year!
    This post is so lovely...the fabrics are gorgeous!
    I adore the apron too!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sewing. I love that apron - just beautiful and looks beautifully made. Well done Carol :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Carol! I love 'Happy Daisy'! Your pattern for tha apron is really nice and I love always the fabrics you have!
    Also your new curtains are beautiful! Nice idea to make 'lines' up and down. I'm happy you have now your working place good even for sunny hours!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful apron, Carol. And the curtains look great too - I can see why you need them in that room - it really is bright!

    And I totally agree about asking 'why'?' more often. We're born curious and somehow that seems to diminish / be quashed as we grow older so that we just accept the status quo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the apron, very happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Happy Daisy apron - it really is a happy creation! You choose such fresh looking fabrics and I like all the little extras you include, like buttons and ric rac and labels!The curtains look great too. Glad you're sewing happily again. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol! I LOVE the apron! Your color and pattern combination is wonderful and so uplifting and cheery! Did you make your labels that say Happy Daisy yourself? I've never thought about having 3 layers of curtains, but that's so smart. Sometimes you need it really dark, sometimes just as a light filter... and yes, I'm back. Thanks for the comments on my blog! In December my new sewing room was being worked on, painted, desk being built..etc. Took way too long! I posted about it...check it out. It was my first pair of lined curtains. Keep sewing!! you have great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I like the polka dots too!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE her, Carol! You are so clever. These fabrics are the perfect match. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! LOVE, LOVE that apron -- colors/style - everything!
    BTW - Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog --- they make my day brighter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Carol,

    wat lovly.
    I like it so match.

    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep clever chook you are!! I'm studying that apron i have to make one soon and never done it before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun fabric combo on the apron. Darling! The curtain is a great design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are just so talented! Love the colours and patterns of the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just discovered you blog & loved it. I'm an interior designer from Melbourne, Australia & I found it very inspiring. Blogging is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It's got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots - hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
    Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
    Cheers
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute one, After reading your every post I decided to make one like yours... these little and cute projects are very inspiring for me... love to see some more daily day to day life DIY project Carol...
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!