Friday, January 21, 2011

Spots and Daisies...

i wanted to sew something blue today.
so this is the cushion i came up with
pictures taken on the black couch...



this can either be the be the back or the front...

interchangeable.




the other side.

i have run out of black grosgrain ribbon for my tags...
so it is sadly tagless : (
the little shop in town has not reopened
since the floods...
i hope it does next week.


my fourth successful buttonholing experience!

can naturally carol sew a button hole or two?
no worries mate!



selvedges...
just love the little birds in a row!



just had to put these three little birds
on the other side...


my happy little cushion collection!

the thought of these
and many more
making a little couch or two
a sunnier
cosier
place to be
kept me sewing this week.

i'm not the fastest cushion maker
or the best...
but that doesn't matter at all...

i just want to do my bit
for fellow aussies
who are doing it tough...

join me if you want to.
leave a comment or an email...
and check out last mondays post

naturally Carol xox

13 comments:

  1. I been reading and watching all your cushion progress - they really are very pretty. I think you are a great cushion maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever gets your cushions will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol! They look all so wonderful together! You have beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, thanks for stopping by. Very sweet cushions you've sewn up there. Loving the fabric choice. Yes, button holes are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always ... you really are managing to make a lot and I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

    Temari are balls of left over fabric wound with yarn so that they hold their shape and then embroidered. Something that rattled was often incorporated to make it an amusing child's toy, but they were often just decorative. Not easy to make though!

    Sorry to hear your daughter has been ill. I'm passed enjoying the snow - got to clear the drive again this morning and it's cold!! I'm a weather wimp - so I'll probably just stay indoors instead and finish a sewing project (one of many that I need to complete before moving!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the combination of polka dots and flowers!! And those little birdies --- too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those cushions together! Your buttonholes are perfect; it took me like forever to make nice ones, now I am a lucky girl to have a machine which can make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you can use the closure side as the front of the pillow. It's beautiful. Those little birds are pretty sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Carol!

    I want you to know that I am having a serious case of the cushion wanties over here in the UK! Your use of colour is wonderful, so eyecatching and uplifting - Im really happy you visited my blog (and thanks so much for such a kind comment) as it's meant Ive been able to discover yours!
    I think Im your newest follower...will be back to see what other goodies you have created soon!

    Much love
    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very pretty. I'm sure the cheery colours will make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely print I really should make myself some too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet! Great fabrics!
    Thank you for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you are going to lnk up next week!
    Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collection Carol love the orange one more...Its lovely
    Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for me sure you will enjoy
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!